Sunday, September 30, 2018

Book of My Past


"A Confederacy of Dunes"
The novel from by past is “A Confederacy of Dunes” by John Kennedy Toole. I started reading this book by the begging of last year. This book was given to me as a gift by a good friend, for let her stay at my apartment for several days while she visited her family. She knew I just finished a book, and I had no other book to read. Also, she knew I started a reading habit to better my vocabulary and writing. When she left, as a way of saying thank you, she gave me the book. At first, I didn’t recognize the book, and I had never heard of it, but the colorful cover was appealing, and had good reviews on the back cover. Right away, I started reading the book, and for my surprise is was very interesting, and funny. Every day, for the next two month I read the book at home and work. I carried the book everywhere I went.  The novel is about a childish grown old man name Ignatius J. Reilly who still lives with her mother. He spends most of his time writing, but her mother wants him to get out of the house and get a real job. He believes there is no good job for him and prefers to stay home and enjoy pleasures of life. He is lazy, arrogant, selfish, and doesn’t care for other. One day, his mother convinces him to get a job. He worked on several different job, and every single time he manipulates people around him to do his work. He doesn’t care about the consequences of his accts and people get affected by them. One day, all his plans start falling apart when people around him really started to know him. Consequently, he is thrown in jail and nobody believes a word of what he says. He ends ups alone, and even his mother believes he is going insane. Rapidly and with no time to waste he escapes town to avoid persecution. I really enjoyed this book, and still remembered it because it brought me laugh and a good time. I would strongly recommend this novel for anybody who wonts to have a good time and expand their vocabulary. I would say this is the best novel I have ever read.


1 comment:



  1. i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect then mirapex as the disease progressed in frebuary last year,and i started on parkinson disease herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic,few months into the treatment i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and belance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,contact them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete