Friday, May 25, 2018

Book of My Past


Book of My Past
My book from my past is the novel “The First True Lie” by Marina Mender. I bought this book in Bars and Nobel of San Diego by the beginning of the year. I was looking for an entertaining and interested book to read in my spear time at work. After looking through the vast quantity of book Bars and Novels can offer. I encountered this book in the psychological fiction area. Initially, what grabbed my attention was the cover of the book. A young boy sitting on chair and what appears to be the living room of his home. He is sitting on a chair in a reclining position whit his arms in the back of his head just relaxing, free of stress and contemplating an easy child’s world.  Second of all, the title of the book “The First True Lie” reminded me of the first lie someone ever told me that at the end and over time was true. The novel is about a 10 year old boy who lives with his single mother. He lives a normal life like any other young kid of his age, but he is worry and obsesses what a miserable life would be without parents. His mother who is depressed for the lack of love in her life starts taking anti depressants. One morning before going to school, he noticed his mom didn’t wake up form bed like she normally does. He ignores it because he knows how exhausting her mother job could be, so he goes to school. When he comes back home from school, his mother is still in bed. At that point he got concern of her mother and goes to check on her only to found out she is dead. The young boy gets submerged in deep emotions, but doesn’t really know how to react. The first thing that pops into his head is what a people would think of him and what kind of awful life would he have now that he is orphanage. He creates a plan that no one would ever know his mom is death and he is orphanage. He starts to live his life like nothing ever happened with his decomposing mother’s death body still on bed.  One of my favorite parts of the book is when his best friend comes home to do homework. As soon he enters the house he says “it smells funny” and ask where is his mother? Without saying more he told him his mother is just sleeping on the other room and she would not bother us for the whole day.  I really enjoyed this novel because it reminds me how child’s minds are and how they see things different. I strongly recommend this novel because you can see and go into a child head in time of stress in a funny, entertain and easy way of reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment